Here at Organic Relief we’re always pushing CBD as the miracle cure product due to how many people’s lives we’ve seen the product change for the better, however it’s important to understand that there are certain things you need to do to ensure that your getting the most out of your CBD products. The quality of the product, your consumption habits, and other lifestyle factors can all come together to affect your experience of CBD. In this article we’ll run through some of the most common things that people miss that don’t ensure they get the most out of CBD.
1. Ensure your using a reputable product
A non reputable CBD product may be the reason that it’s not working for you. There are currently no regulations for CBD and this can mean that there is a chance that the product that you are using is of low quality.
One thing for you to check when purchasing any type of CBD is that there should be laboratory results for the batch in question that you are purchasing. All CBD supplies should have those to hand when you are deciding which product to go for. If they haven’t, stay clear, as you can’t guarantee the quality, quantity and ingredients of the product in question.
You can view all of our lab reports for Organic Relief here.
2. Your dosage needs adjusting
Taking into account that not one size fits all, here is some important information to consider when buying CBD oil.
- Start your CBD dosage low: Of course, your health condition and your weight and height will determine how much CBD oil you will need, but as CBD oil experts, we recommend you begin safe and start low.
- Increase your CBD dosage slowly: Once you have started your daily dose, it can take several days for your body to adjust to it, so it is suggested you continue with that dose for at least one week. If you’re not achieving your desired results after your first week, then begin to slightly increase your CBD oil amount. Only increase every 3-4 days until you notice positive effects. It’s a good idea to log and track your progress to help find your optimal dosage. If you think you have increased your dose too much and are experiencing nausea and headaches, then lower your dosage.
- Continue to make adjustments: It’s common that once you have found your optimal dosage, you may eventually develop a tolerance to it. So it’s all about safe experimentation. If you’ve developed a tolerance and are not achieving the results you once did, then make some adjustments; change how many times a day you are taking your CBD oil and at what time of the day.
3. You need to give it more time
When you first taking CBD you may at first be worried that it’s not actually working. The fact is that CBD does need time to build up in your system for you to start feeling its benefits. Our customers often report that it can take up to two weeks of taking CBD before they start to feel the full benefits.
Proper supplementation requires consistency and a certain level of commitment to uncovering the long-term effects.
4. Ensure your taking CBD correctly
Consuming CBD, especially in tincture form, is definitely a bit of an unfamiliar experience for most of us the first couple of times. When we put CBD oil under the tongue and hold it, this allows it to absorb through the soft tissues in our mouth. If swallowed too quickly, this will greatly impact the efficacy of the CBD and might be one of the reasons it’s not effective for you. As a super quick guide:
1. Take your pipette with your desired quantity of CBD oil.
2. With your head tilted slightly back, lift your tongue as though you’re trying to lick the roof of your mouth and gently squeeze the drops underneath the tongue.
3. Bring your tongue back down and let the CBD oil rest in your mouth for 30-60 seconds (or longer if you like) before swallowing. This process lets the CBD absorb gently and efficiently.
Although this is the quickest method for taking CBD oil, there are always alternatives. If you aren’t confident taking a tincture this way, try adding the drops to a tea, smoothie, shake, or alongside any other essential oils.
5. Live a balanced lifestyle
CBD is best taken as part of a healthy, active lifestyle. As we’ve mentioned already, it’s no miracle cure that is going to solve all your problems overnight. Many approach CBD with false expectations of sudden and significant improvements to their life, but for most this is not their experience. If your everyday lifestyle is inconsistent or unhealthy, you can’t expect CBD to counteract this. CBD won’t undo the effects of eating junk food or a lack of exercise; making sure you’re balanced across all aspects of your lifestyle may not only improve your experience with CBD, but all aspects of your wellbeing too.
What is CBD?
CBD is also known as cannabidiol, which is a cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. Unlike other elements found within the plant, CBD doesn’t get you high and is not psychoactive. This is what makes it safe and legal to take in the form of your choice. You can find many different forms of CBD available to help with pain, such as oils and gummies.
It does this, as well as providing a host of other beneficial effects, by promoting homeostasis within the body. This is essentially a healthy balance of all the elements needed to promote healthy living in humans.