CBD continues to soar in popularity as people use it’s miracle cures to help with an array of ailments, including sleep issue, joint pains and anxiety. If your someone that’s looking to take CBD to help with one of these ailments then you may be wondering, how long do the effects of CBD oil last? The reality is that it does depend the CBD product that you consume as well as what you are taking CBD for. In this article we’ll delve more into this.
What is CBD?
CBD is also known as cannabidiol, which is a cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. Unlike other elements found within the plant, CBD doesn’t get you high and is not psychoactive. This is what makes it safe and legal to take in the form of your choice. You can find many different forms of CBD available to help with pain, such as oils and gummies.
It does this, as well as providing a host of other beneficial effects, by promoting homeostasis within the body. This is essentially a healthy balance of all the elements needed to promote healthy living in humans.
How long after taking CBD do the effects last?
Following CBD ingestion, the time that effects last varies from one person to another. Generally, the effects of CBD last from 4 – 8 hours after being consumed. This duration can be influenced by many different factors.
The great thing about CBD is that despite the feeling of the effects fading, the CBD molecules still hand around your system and continue to work their magic. This means that the CBD will continue to work on your various ailments and help your body to become happier and healthier!
The different factors that may effect the length of the effects of CBD are:
- Dosage: Dosage can be a major factor when thinking about the length of CBD effect. Generally speaking, when you first start using CBD, it’s best to start with a low dose and gradually introduce it to your body. You can then slowly increase your dose accordingly to how you feel.
- Frequency Of Use: If you ingest CBD frequently, the concentration in your body will add up. This allows you to experience both optimum and prolonged effects. If you take it infrequently, it can cause the effects of CBD to fade away after a short time. Being consistent with your usage of CBD oil is a great way to ensure you get prolonged effects of CBD use.
- Type of CBD Product: One of the factors behind the popularity of CBD is its versatility. Products come in a range of formats, and as a consumer, you’re spoilt for choice. Some of the common CBD products include tinctures, gummies, creams, vape pens, and sprays. It has been suggested that ingesting certain CBD products can influence the length of the effects. For instance, taking CBD tinctures promotes lasting effects as compared to vaping.
- Method of Use: Since CBD products are diverse, the ingestion methods are just as varied. Some of the common ingestion styles include sublingual ingestion, oral ingestion, inhalation, and topical use. Some ingestion methods can prolong the effects of CBD, while some ingestion methods can shorten the duration of its effects.
How to take CBD
Taking CBD, especially in tincture form, is definitely a bit of an unfamiliar experience for most of us the first couple of times. When we put CBD oil under the tongue and hold it, this allows it to absorb through the soft tissues in our mouth. If swallowed too quickly, this will greatly impact the efficacy of the CBD and might be one of the reasons it’s not effective for you. As a super quick guide:
1. Take your pipette with your desired quantity of CBD oil.
2. With your head tilted slightly back, lift your tongue as though you’re trying to lick the roof of your mouth and gently squeeze the drops underneath the tongue.
3. Bring your tongue back down and let the CBD oil rest in your mouth for 30-60 seconds (or longer if you like) before swallowing. This process lets the CBD absorb gently and efficiently.
Although this is the quickest method for taking CBD oil, there are always alternatives. If you aren’t confident taking a tincture this way, try adding the drops to a tea, smoothie, shake, or alongside any other essential oils.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is CBD a drug?
Due to it’s link to marijuana, some people may be worried that if they are taking CBD, they are taking a drug. The first thing to know is that in the UK CBD is completely legal.
When thinking about a drug, we typically think of narcotic or pharmaceutical agents. CBD has, at times, been leveraged in pharmaceutical formulas but is not a narcotic or medically controlled drug.
Is CBD addictive?
Once question we are often asked is, is CBD oil addictive? The answer is that CBD does not have an addictive effect, as it is not psychoactive. In the UK, CBD is made exclusively with the hemp plant, which does not contain THC. THC is the main psychoactive compound that is found in marijuana.
What are the side effects of CBD?
There are several potential side effects of taking CBD. These are:
- Dry mouth.
- Dizziness. This is maybe due to CBD relaxing the walls of blood vessels and lowering blood pressure.
- Changes in your appetite
Generally, the effects of CBD last from 4 – 8 hours after being consumed. There are several other ways in which you can help to prolong the effects of your CBD.
Did you know that we now sell Sea Moss? Our 100% Organic Sea moss is rapidly being recognised as the worlds best super food. We will always strive to bring you the highest quality products at affordable prices. Our aim is to give every one the opportunity to feel great. Either alone or combined with our high quality Organic Relief CBD you will feel amazing in no time.