Sea Moss, also known as Irish Moss, is a product that we’ve recently launched here at Organic Relief following it’s growth in popularity due to all the organic benefits that this product provides! Sea Moss is a red alga that grows along the rocky coasts of the Atlantic Ocean.
If your someone that cares about the health of your hair then you’ve probably tried all kinds of different treatments and methods to help improve the health of your hair. One thing you may not have tried, of even through about is Sea Moss. In this article we’re going to discuss the many benefits that Sea Moss has for hair health, as well as it’s many other health benefits.
What is Sea Moss?
Sea moss, know scientifically as Chondrus crispus is a type of seaweed or algae, which is found growing in coastal regions of the Atlantic, including those in Europe and North America. Like other seaweeds. Sea moss is a rich source of many of the harder-to-get nutrients.
It’s mostly known as a red alga, although it often comes in many colours, most popularly yellow or gold and purple – but you can also find rarer colours such as blue and green. It is low in calories and a fat which means that sea moss is popular for its suggested range of health benefits, which may help to support a healthy lifestyle.
Sea moss contains a small amount of protein, as well as offering a variety of vitamins and minerals. It’s also a great source of iodine and antioxidants.
The benefits of Sea Moss for hair
1. Sea Moss helps to hydrate your hair
Did you know that Sea Moss can help to hydrate your hair? Hair tends to become drier over time, especially with chemical treatments like coloring and straightening. Sea moss can be a great way to help your hair stay moisturized naturally.
First, sea moss aids in producing sebum, an oil produced by the scalp to protect the hair. The sea moss will provide nutrients to the hair, allowing it to hold moisture. These nutrients will also give the hair a shiny and healthy look.
2. Sea Moss strengthens your hair
Due to being a rich source of protein, Sea moss is a great way to help strengthen damaged and thinning hair. The protein in sea moss helps to repair the damaged hair strands, making the hair stronger and healthier overall.
3. Sea Moss helps with hair growth
Due to it’s abundance of vitamins, including Vitamin A, C, D and E, Sea moss is a fantastic way to help promote hair growth! Sea moss also helps activate the scalp cells, which can lead to hair growth.
4. Sea Moss adds shine to your hair
Sea moss is a great way to help add shine to your hair. Due to it’s ability to help with the production of keratin, type of fibrous protein that makes the hair strands stronger and gives the hair its volume, Sea moss adds extra volume to your hair.
Sea moss also contains omega-three fatty acids and proteins, which will help promote hair growth. Sea moss also provides shine and glow to the hair.
5. Sea Moss helps the hair to be more manageable
Using sea moss can help you tame your hair and control its frizziness, especially if you have thick, curly hair. The sea moss can also help reduce hair breakage, as well as help give you a natural shine to your hair.
Sea moss has certain properties that help your hair to become smoother and softer. The sea moss helps your hair absorb moisture more easily and keeps frizziness at bay, even when humid weather.
Other benefits of Sea Moss
Sea Moss offers several benefits, including:
- Sea moss can be used to help with blood sugar control. This is thanks to compounds like the carotenoid and fucoxanthin, which helps to reduce insulin resistance and support better blood sugar control.
- Sea moss contains iron, which is a great way to support your energy levels.
- Sea moss contains magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and omega-3 fatty acids that hydrate and support healthy skin cell function.
- Seaweed, including sea moss, is one of the best plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for health, and especially so for the heart and cardiovascular system.
- Caribbean natives have been using sea moss as a natural aphrodisiac for many years. Its high zinc content is thought to increase sex hormones that play a key role in libido levels.
Side effects of Sea Moss
There are some side effects that you need to consider when thinking about taking sea moss. Thse are mostly side effects that occur when you consume excessive amounts of Sea Moss. The side effects of Sea Moss include:
- Sea Moss does have a high iodine content. Excessive iodine intake may have a poisonous effect and lead to: goiter, thyroid cancer, and hyper- or hypothyroidism
- Excessive iodine can cause fever, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, as well as a burning sensation in the mouth, throat, and stomach
- Seaweeds such as sea moss may accumulate toxic metals like mercury and lead
Shop organic Sea Moss today!
Sea moss has been used for it’s health benefits for centuries. It’s rich in essential minerals, like iron and magnesium, as well as folate and omega-3. It’s has sky-rocketed in popularity due to the many celebrities that have been touting the benefits of sea moss.
Sea moss can be a great way to benefit your hair, including help too promote hair growth, hydrate your hair and give your hair extra strength. If your looking to buy sea moss online, or for more advice on taking Sea Moss and some of it’s benefits, then please don’t hesitate in contacting our customer service team here at Organic Relief.